Tour Code: IGT-LAOS-32
Duration: 5Days/ 4Nights
Price: US$ 425 – 630/ Pax
Designed by Annie (Ms) – Email: annie@indochinagrandtour
- Day 1: Luang Prabang arrival (D)
- Day 2: Luang Prabang – KuangSii Fall (B,L)
- Day 3: Luang Prabang – Living Land Farm (B,L)
- Day 4: Luang Prabang – Laos Cooking Class – City tour (B,L)
- Day 5: Luang Prabang departure (B)
Land price per person for private tour (in USD):
|Hotel/Rate||2-3 pax||4-5 pax||6-8 pax||9-12 pax||13-15 pax||16 – 19 +01 FOC pax||Single sup|
Included in above prices:
- Accommodation on a twin shared basis
- Private, Air-conditioned Transport
- Boat trips as stated in the itinerary
- English speaking guide
- Admission fees to sites stated in the itinerary
- Meals: As indicated in above itinerary = B, L, D
- Gov’t taxs and service charges
- Luggage handling
- Drinking water
Exclusive of above prices:
- Visas and Immigration fees on arrival
- Domestic air ticket
- Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
- Travel and/or Medical Insurance
- Lunch or dinner unless stated in the itinerary
- Single suppl. room accommodation (quoted separately)
- Child or adult in triple share accommodation
- Foreign language guides other than English
- Peak Season or Special Events Surcharges
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
Day 1: Luang Prabang arrival (D)
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. This evening is free for you to explore and get to know Luang Prabang. Include dinner at traditional Lao BBQ restauranton the Nam Khan. Overnight in Luang Prabang (B/D)
A short boat ride this morning takes you across the Mekong River to the steps of Long Khoune Temple, a two hundred years old temple with shady grounds and interesting architectural details and paintings. From there we climb the steps of Chomphet Temple for a panoramic view of Luang Prabang. Your boat awaits you at the steps to take you downstream, past mountains of lush vegetation to a small village, Ban Thin Som. You get off at this village and the captain organizes local transport for you to take you to KuangSii Waterfalls. Take the path to the waterfall and on the way visit the Bear Sanctuary and enjoy swim in the natural pools.
Your driver will be waiting to take you back to the boat where you can relax with drinks and snacks and enjoy and watch the sunset as you make your way back to Luang Prabang along the Mekong.
This evening is free for you to explore the night market or relax at the hotel. Overnight in Luang Prabang (B)
This morning we head out to Living Land Farm, a working community farm aprroximately 5kms outside the town.
There you will learn all about the rice growing process and have an opportunity to participate in seasonal farm activities such as identifying viable rice seeds, ploughing with a buffalo, hand planting, weeding and harvesting rice and threshing rice seed.
This afternoon we head off on bicycles to see some of the highlights of Luang Prabang including a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts from the Royal period in Luang Prabang.
Cycling on, we are seeing the city’s oldest temples, the magnificent WatXiengthong with its roof sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Lao architecture, the impressive stupa of WatVisoun and the shrine of WatAham.
We end the day by climbing up Mount Phousi to explore the sacred gilded stupa and to enjoy the panoramic view of the city and the sun setting over the Mekong River. Descent the mountain your will find yourself in the midst of the famous Luang Prabang Night Market, where you can find a unique selection of handmade textiles and handicrafts locally made by both ethnic Lao and hill tribe people surrounding Luang Prabang. Overnight in Luang Prabang (B)
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Laos Cooking Class – City tour (B,L)
Following breakfast at your hotel you will embark on a full day cooking class by starting at the local market where your chef will explain the different herbs and spices used in Lao cooking and purchase ingredients for today’s dishes. From the market you will head out to Tamarind Gardens Cooking School set out of town amongst fish ponds and tropical gardens.
Your menu today will include:
- Varieties of jeow: the fundamental Lao spicy dipping sauces
- Mok Pa, a popular dish of fish steamed with herbs in banana leaves
- Tamarind’s specialty: lemongrass stuffed with chicken & herbs
- Orlarm, Luang Prabang eggplant based specialty: delicious & unusual
- Dessert course: a surprise!
- And of course you’ll learn the art of perfecting sticky rice and its eating etiquette.
Following the class, and with full stomachs, we will head back to town and the rest of the day is free to use as you please. Overnight in Luang Prabang (B)
Day 5: Luang Prabang departure (B)
Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight. (B)