Tour Code: IGT-LAOS-31
Duration: 4Days/ 3Nights
Price: US$ 313 – 506/ Pax
Designed by Annie (Ms) – Email: annie@indochinagrandtour
- Day 1: Luang Prabang arrival – Half Day city tour (D)
- Day 2: Luang Prabang – KuangSii Fall – Pak Ou Caves (B,L)
- Day 3: Luang Prabang – Living Land Farm (B,L)
- Day 4: Luang Prabang departure (B)
Land price per person for private tour (in USD):
|Hotel/Rate||2-3 pax||4-5 pax||6-8 pax||9-12 pax||13-15 pax||16 – 19 +01 FOC pax||Single sup|
Included in above prices:
- Accommodation on a twin shared basis
- Private, Air-conditioned Transport
- Boat trips as stated in the itinerary
- English speaking guide
- Admission fees to sites stated in the itinerary
- Meals: As indicated in above itinerary = B, L, D
- Gov’t taxs and service charges
- Luggage handling
- Drinking water
Exclusive of above prices:
- Visas and Immigration fees on arrival
- Domestic air ticket
- Int’l air tickets to/from Laos
- Travel and/or Medical Insurance
- Lunch or dinner unless stated in the itinerary
- Single suppl. room accommodation (quoted separately)
- Child or adult in triple share accommodation
- Foreign language guides other than English
- Peak Season or Special Events Surcharges
- Tip, drinks and other personal expenses
On arrival at Luang Prabang International Airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. After you have had time to rest and freshen up we will head off on bicycles to see some of the highlights of Luang Prabang including a visit to the Royal Palace Museum, which hosts a range of interesting artifacts from the Royal period in Luang Prabang. Cycling on, we are seeing the city’s oldest temples, the magnificent WatXiengthong with its roof sweeping low to the ground, representing classical Lao architecture, the impressive stupa of WatVisoun and the shrine of WatAham. Your evening to free to explore the town and night market or relax at the hotel.
Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 2. Luang Prabang – KuangSii Waterfall – Pak Ou Caves (B,L)
After breakfast back at the hotel we begin our journey to KuangSii Waterfall stopping along the way to visit the morning Phousi Market, this where all locals of Luang Prabang come to do their daily shopping. You will see a variety of local foodstuffs and products including dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, fish, vegetables and fruit, everything needed for daily life in Laos.
On arrival at the KuangSii Falls you will have the opportunity to cool off with a refreshing swim in the topaz pools below the falls, walk along the forest trails and visit the Bear Sanctuary. You will also enjoy apicnic lunch below the falls.
Upon return to Luang Prabang we board our private boat for a pleasant and scenic cruise up on the Mekong River to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves. These caves are an ancient pilgrimage site and contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha images left there over hundreds of years.
Returning to Luang Prabang we disembark our boat and have the option of taking a short drive to Ban Phanom, a village famous for its hand weaving or returning to the hotel for free time to relax.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 3. Luang Prabang – Living Land Farm (B,L)
This morning we head out to Living Land Farm, a working community farm aprroximately 5kms outside the town. There you will learn all about the rice growing process and have an opportunity to participate in seasonal farm activities such as identifying viable rice seeds, ploughing with a buffalo, hand planting, weeding and harvesting rice and threshing rice seed.
You may be picking vegatables form the organic garden or catching fish to cook for your all natural, organic lunch where there will be a variety of local rice products for you to sample.
We will return to Luang Prabang late afternoon and explore the city market
Day4: Luang Prabang – Departure (B)
Depending on your flight, you may have time at leisure before you will be transferred to the airport in time for your departing flight.